Scholarship Deadline- May 15th, 2021
The SRG offers several scholarships in an effort to encourage the continuing education of young people with an interest in fields relating to the rubber and plastics industry.
The John D. Dodd Memorial Scholarship
Established in 1973 to honor the memory of Mr. John Dodd after his passing in 1972. This award has a value of $2,000.00.
The SRG Endowment Fund Scholarship
Established in 1988 to increase the SRG’s contribution to education. This award has a value of $2,000.00.
The C.A. Gatlin Scholarship
Established in 2015 to honor long-time member C.A Gatlin. This award has a value of $2000.00.
Eligibility for Awards
- Scholarship application completed.
- Sponsored by a current member of the Southern Rubber Group.
- Submit a high school transcript.
- Submit SAT/ ACT scores.
- Be a full-time candidate for a degree at an accreditated four-year college or university.
- Submit acceptance letter to your university and degree program if received.
Transcripts, letters of recommendation and/or acceptance, essays, and other relevant materials may be sent to the Education Committee Chairman at the address below: email@example.com
- All applications and supporting documents must be submitted no later than May 15th, 2021.
- Winners will be notified no later than June 1st, 2021.
- The group room rate (for award recipients who wish to attend the banquet) ends on May 5th, 2021.
- The SRG Banquet will be held on June 9th, 2021.
Scholarship Application for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
Additional scholarships are available from the Rubber Division, ACS and other local rubber groups via the Rubber Division scholarship page.