SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE – April 25th, 2023
The SRG offers several scholarships in an effort to encourage the continuing education of young people with an interest in fields relating to the rubber and plastics industry. These scholarships are for individuals that are entering their freshman year of college. Eligibility may also be extended to college freshman and sophomores.
The available scholarships are:
THE JOHN D. DODD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Established in 1973 to honor the memory of Mr. John Dodd after his passing in 1972. This award has a value of $1,000.00.
THE SRG ENDOWMENT FUND SCHOLARSHIP
Established in 1988 to increase the SRG’s contribution to education. This award has a value of $1,000.00.
- Scholarship application completed.
- Must be Sponsored by a current member of the Southern Rubber Group.
- Submit a high school transcript.
- Submit SAT/ ACT scores.
- Be a full-time candidate for a degree at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Submit acceptance letter to your university and degree program if received.
- Submit a written essay on who has been the most influential person so far in your life and why. What lessons you have learned from this individual and how they inspire you.
- At least two letters of recommendation with one letter coming from someone not associated with your high school
Transcripts, letters of recommendations and acceptance letter, essay, and other relevant materials may be sent to the Education Committee Chairman at the address below: email@example.com
- All applications and supporting documents must be submitted no later than the end of business April 25, 2023
- Any applications received after this date will be ineligible for scholarships for 2023
- Winners will be notified by the end of May.
Scholarship Application for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
Additional scholarships are available from the Rubber Division, ACS and other local rubber groups via the Rubber Division scholarship page.